Organized by the Landscape Music Composers Network, and presented in collaboration with venues and performers across the country, these concerts will highlight and celebrate the significance of our national trails and rivers through musical expression. The goal is to present primarily world premieres at up to seven concerts across the country.
Current confirmed concerts:
Atlanta GA, Sierra Club collaboration. Date TBD
Houghton MI, Michigan Tech, October 4, 2018.
Boston MA, Juventas New Music Ensemble, Late October/early November
Vallejo, CA, Concert on Visions of the Wild art festival
Portland OR, with Cascadia Composers
Dialog is underway to confirm other concerts
Portland concert information:
Date: October 7, 2018 AFTERNOON (Time, TBD)
Location: The Old Church, Portland
A. RACC project grant submitted in March; Notification June 1, 2018
B. Need additional Sponsorship for funding to allow for 5-6 performers
Call for Proposals
Landscape Music Composers is eagerly seeking members of Cascadia Composers to submit Proposals to compose a work for this concert:
- Proposal must include one of the National Trails or Wild and Scenic Rivers
- Include the name of the trail or river you want to compose about and a conceptual description of the piece you want to write.
- Instrumentation is for 1-6 instruments, specifically Flute, Clarinet, Violin, Cello, Percussion (1 player), Piano. Solos, duos and trios are fine. (Smaller ensembles will be required if full funding is not met – see Dependencies above)
- Proposals for Electroacoustic pieces must accommodate the facilities of The Old Church
- Duration of pieces limited to 8 minutes MAXIMUM
- Proposals should be 100 – 300 words
- Eligibility: Cascadia Composers in good standing for 2018
- One proposal will be selected
- Submissions due May 15, 2018, 11:59pm PDT
- Anonymous submission
- Proposals must be in standard format (such as .doc, or PDF)
- Submissions due via the Cascadia Composers website (link to submission form)
- Include two previous scores in PDF format, with MP3 recording if available – MIDI is OK. Works with instrumentation similar to this call are preferred.
- Proposal will be selected on the basis of the quality and creativity of the proposal and its fit with the theme of the concert.
- Notification of accepted proposal by Wednesday May 23, 2018.
- Scores and parts must be ready for rehearsals by August 1, 2018.Have Questions?
On the submission form: Jeff Winslow email@example.com
All other project questions: Christina Rusnak firstname.lastname@example.org